What is the significance of high-speed rail application to use lithium batteries
Author: Source: Datetime: 2016-09-28 14:19:01
Industry Wen-hong introduction, although the rail train is generally run with power, but requires a backup power supply. Solar powered portable generator is also a kind of backup power supply. Low-voltage power supply for the vehicle system components. Such as the sudden power grid when the interior lighting, air conditioning, etc., when the train starts charging bow movements and so on.
Compared with the current nickel-cadmium batteries, lithium batteries, whether in environmental performance, technical performance, convenience and performance are very dominant. The future, high-speed rail is expected to enter the lithium era.
The following is in high-speed rail applications Ni-MH battery and lithium battery comprehensive comparison.
As a traditional nickel-cadmium battery used on trains Advantages:
1. High security, can be overcharge and over discharge.
2. High and low temperature performance. Operating temperature range -20 ℃ ~ 60 ℃, in this range can be discharged.
3. Affordable prices. The number of cycles in about 500 times.
As a traditional nickel-cadmium batteries used on the train Disadvantages:
1. Low energy density.
2. Ni-Cd is a heavy metal, polluting the environment.
3. Nickel-cadmium battery memory effect (memory effect), repeated several times to maintain a low-volume charge, if you must do a larger amount of discharge when the battery will not work.
4. The battery must be regularly maintained, such as adding electrolyte.
5. Self-discharge rate is too large, nickel-cadmium batteries for 15 to 30% (months).
Standard moving train using lithium battery Advantages:
1. High security, not overcharge and over discharge, the need for supporting BMS battery management system, like LiFePO4 battery pack.
2. High temperature performance, the use of temperature range -20 ℃ ~ 60 ℃ can also be used, and even -40 degrees can also be low rate discharge.
3. High energy density, the current technology is about three times the nickel-cadmium batteries. The number of charge and discharge in 3000 ~ 10000 times.
4. Impact on environmental pollution is very small.
5. No regular maintenance.
6. Self-discharge rate is small. Lithium battery is 2 ~ 5% (months).
Standard use of lithium batteries train Disadvantages:
The current procurement costs than nickel-cadmium batteries. According to industry development and production capacity expansion, as well as continuing price cuts.TAG: Engie Amazon Bank World Battery-Storage Changsha Jolywood Nuon German Category Separate Telangana MW 10 Used
Audi Solid-State Battery Solution
According to U.S. media reports, a senior Audi executive stated that the company is in the early stages of researc...
Siemens Provides Equipment For Vi...
Recently, Siemens Germany won a $17.5 million solar project contract to supply inverter systems and other equipm...
RGS Solar Power Battery Partner
RGS Energy Corporation (RGSE), a US-based photovoltaic installation company, acquired the exclusive rights o...