Canada Solar Power Agreement
Author: Source: Datetime: 2018-10-29 12:17:44
This joint procurement project is by far the largest solar power generator solar energy storage project in California. Silicon Valley Clean Energy and Monterey Bay Community Power launched a joint procurement process in September 2017 to provide cost-effective renewable energy to their communities.
Girish Balachandran, CEO of Silicon Valley Clean Energy, said: "As a community-selective aggregator, we are proud to help California lead the transition to clean, reliable and flexible energy."
"We are pleased to be able to bring the largest solar energy storage projects to date for CCAs," added Tom Habashi, CEO of Monterey Bay Community Power.
Electricity will be provided by Renewables' PV plus energy storage project, which will be built in Kings County, California. The project is scheduled to be put into commercial operation in 2021. The contract contains enough energy to power approximately 37,500 homes, 55% for Silicon Valley, and the remaining 45% for Monterey Bay.
The project's lithium-ion battery pack is 45 megawatts nominal and has 180 megawatt-hours of energy capacity for 4 hours of flexible energy delivery.
TAG: Ireland Hawaii Duke 100Ah 48V telecom Malta Battery-Box Passenger NTPC Containerized Off-Grid Code Building California
Ukraine 400 MW Solar Panel Plant
The Ukrainian National Energy Efficiency and Energy Conservation Agency recently stated that it plans to build a...
EV Batteries Lease Issue
Lease or not lease, this is a problem. For a long time, many automakers are thinking about how to transform thei...
Photovoltaic And Energy Storage Sys...
In Australia, the average residential electricity price has reached AU$0.424/kWh (this is because of the discounted ...